1. Determine the type, purpose, and audience of your paper.
2. Ask a question, then make the answer your thesis statement.
3. Take a stance, then ensure that it is provable.
4. State it in two parts: a clear topic and a brief summary of what you will say.
5. Limit the thesis to one or two sentences.
Reminder: If you make a final change to your thesis, always double-check your concluding paragraph. It might need adjustment, as well.
an explanation of the topic or purpose of a research paper
Copyright © 2013 University of Illinois Board of Trustees • College of Liberal Arts & Sciences • University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign • Developed by ATLAS
In France, the academic dissertation or thesis is called a thèse and it is reserved for the final work of doctoral candidates. The minimum page length is generally (and not formally) 100 pages (or about 400,000 characters), but is usually several times longer (except for technical theses and for "exact sciences" such as physics and maths).
This free thesis statement builder is brought to you by - a professional thesis writing service capable of writing any kind of paper.